I’ve been working on the siding on the back of my house for about a week. Last weekend I got the old siding off, and a neighbor helped me sheathe the wall with OSB. I wrapped it with Tyvek, used roof tape where the siding boards meet, and improvised flashing for the windowsills.
Today we got just over half of the siding nailed up. Those sheets of Hardieboard are heavy. There’s no way I could get them up there by myself. We used score-and-snap to cut them to length, and I used a tile circular wet saw to cut out the windows.
Earlier in the day, while I was waiting for my neighbor, I replaced this soffit and put in a new light and ventilation grille. The grille is a little puckered but it will have to come off anyway when I paint, so I’ll straighten it then. I had to cover the hole to keep out critters. Sheesh, I need to figure out a way to get my pressure washer to this corner of the house!